Full Stack Engineer Full-time Job3 months ago - IT Tech & Telecoms - Singapore - 102 views
Our awesome engineers are part of a highly motivated team creating innovative solutions in the Internet of Things/urban mobility/transportation space. We custom build our hardware and software that connects to our growing fleet of hybrid cars. Our geeks write smart algorithms to increase car sharing utilisation and operational efficiency ensuring customer happiness. We leverage big data collected through thousands of trips to aid in decision making. Smove run both a B2C operation in addition to key B2B partnerships over the years with Uber, Singapore Government (Ministry of Manpower) and most recently with Grab.
“Nothing happens in a start-up company until you do it”
Smove is a young company that thrives on a clear vision to make cities more liveable and to solve all pain points around vehicle ownership by developing a service model around mobility & transportation.
We are very ambitious, but also know that great things will take time and there are no shortcuts to building a lasting and sustainable business with a great culture.
If you are a thinker-doer & self-starter, bring a growth mindset and you keep challenging yourself by building something meaningful, please continue reading. If you are able to thrive in an environment without clear-cut processes and even better, able to create lean, agile & innovative processes yourself, this job is for you.
As a full stack engineer at Smove, you will:
- Work as part of a group within the overall tech team that has ownership of specific Smove products
- Build efficient, scalable, and robust solutions for both customers and internal operations in Angular, React and more
- Design and implement solutions to handle high levels of traffic, in a rapidly scaling environment
- Write code you will be proud of that is testable, clean, efficient and can be maintained by others in your team
- Show off your UI/UX skills and shape the product for years to come
- Learn from very talented engineers and share your knowledge with the team
- Work closely with all departments in the business, from operations and customer service to DevOps and bizdev, gaining visibility and exposure to what is really happening on the ground
- Work and experiment with cloud computing architecture technologies (e.g. Lambda, IoT, Greengrass)
ABOUT YOU: THE CHALLENGER
- Experience with relational database design, familiar with NoSQL concepts
- Proficiency in more than two programming languages (not necessarily web dev related)
- Strong coding, debugging and problem-solving skills
- Proven experience in test driven development, agile development, XP
- Good CSS skills and everything that comes with it
- Git knowledge and understanding of proper commit structuring
- Good understanding of code optimization and performance oriented code
- Eager and willing to learn new things, stay up to date with the latest technologies, and expand your base skillset to propose new approaches to your work
- Have stamina and perseverance - working for a startup is a marathon, not a sprint. Understands the ecosystem
- Thrive in a non-corporate environment
- Have strong communication skills, able to interact with non technical members of the business to gather requirements, troubleshoot, perform user acceptance testing, etc.
If this sounds like you and you are driven to learn new things, get in touch. We have high expectations but don't be afraid to contact us.
If none of our current roles exactly fit but you are extraordinary at something and passionate about what we’re creating, we’d love to hear from you anyway!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.