Data Engineer Internship - Singapore Internship Job7 months ago - Engineering - Singapore - 171 views
The role of the Data Engineer Intern is to collect, manage and enhance data within the Upstream sector and to support Kpler rapidly evolving product suite.
The successful candidate will have a good understanding of data collection and management processes, and will take ownership of small-to-medium features from technical design through to completion.
As an integral member of an open, dynamic and innovative team, the Data Engineer Intern is at the center of our research delivery and will help identifying and implementing areas for improvement within our data methodologies.
Based in the Singapore software engineering team, you will also interact a lot with the Paris engineering team, being able to communicate efficiently and work with remote team members is key.
- Identify and implement improvements in data structure, gathering, maintenance and delivery
- Collect and compile data using automated feeds from both external and internal sources
- Ensure integrity of data through creative, robust and sustainable quality control methods
- Participate in operations/support of the real-time platforms
- Design and deliver high quality solutions, enhancements and data support services
- Adhere to coding standards, specifications and development processes
- Translating technical concepts to/from non-technical language that can be understood by technology, business users and leadership teams
- Experience with data programming, (both SQL and Python)
- Experience of leveraging web-scraping technology and REST API
- Awareness of Amazon AWS cloud technology platforms
- Awareness of sourcing Open Data through a variety of methods, including Web APIs
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL server
- Experience with geographic information systems
- Experience of data management lifecycles (collection, cataloguing, ETL design, database management)
- Experience of LEAN methodologies and approaches to process optimisation
- Experience of working independently and to demanding timescales