Back-End Developer Full-time Job1 year ago - IT Tech & Telecoms - Singapore - 782 views
We provide data, quant and portfolio solutions to mid/small enterprises in the financial and commodities markets in the form of a cloud-based software (web portal). We are looking for a driven and analytical Back-End Developer to join our team! You will be working together with the Front-End Developers to build web service applications that will be used by thousands of customers. Your primary focus is on the development of server-side logic (in Python), definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. A basic understanding of front-end technologies is therefore necessary as well.
- Research, evaluate and analyse technical and design requirements.
- Plan and implement model data structures for high scalability.
- Develop software related to portfolio asset and risk management.
- Create database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Process multiple data sources, databases and output in different forms.
- Identify and suggest various methods to improve function efficiency and code quality.
- Validate models and algorithmic techniques.
- Implement automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- Troubleshoot and fix bugs/flaws to ensure servers are running optimally.
- Participate in all phases of the development life cycle.
- Degree in Computer Science or relevant fields.
- 2+ years of web API development experience preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient knowledge of back-end programming language (Restful API).
- In-depth knowledge of different Python frameworks (e.g. Django, Flask).
- Understanding of at least one database connections (MySQL/PostgresSQL/MongoDB).
- Familiarity with data analysis tools (Numpy/Scipy/Pandas/Matlab).
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix/Shell environments.
- Strong hands-on skills in sourcing, cleaning, manipulating and analysing of large volumes of data.
- User authentication and authorisation between multiple systems, servers and environments.
- Understanding of “session management” in a distributed server environment.
- Python (Flask/DJANGO/Pyramid)
- SQL (MySQl/PostGres/MongoDB)
To apply for this job opportunity, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you.
MAF Intelligence was founded to give anyone the power to enhance and simplify Data, Quant and Portfolio without the frustration from complicated data, technology and science. We believe in helping to maximise your investment potential and efficiency at the most minimal cost.
With a user-friendly interface and concept design, MAF Cloud caters to anyone and everyone from the professional sectors, multinational companies or small and medium enterprises. Whether you are a trader, market researcher, business analyst, risk management specialist, operations personnel, student or educator, you can leverage our technology and expertise today!